Support Coordinator - relief positions available!
Support Coordinator Position Requirements:
Community Living St. Catharines’ Support Coordinators provide a wide range of supports to persons with an intellectual disability aged 18-years and older in the absence of natural family supports, friends, and community. This program provides 24-hour support staff within a group home setting.
Employment opportunities include permanent positions in the following capacity:
• Relief - 0-24 hours per week plus on-call
Actively provide direct care through assistance, guidance, and life skill coaching. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, personal and health care, goal planning, overall household duties, shopping, and meal preparation. Ensure the safety and well-being of each person at all times. Scheduled primarily for afternoons, evenings and weekends. Periodic overnight shifts may be required.
1. Completion of a two-year related Community College Course or University degree (Educational Assistant-Special Needs Support, Psychology, Social Science, Nursing, Police Foundations, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Therapeutice Recreation, Developmental Support Worker, Law and Security, Mental Health) and experience in a related field.
2. Valid “G” Driver's License with minimum $1 million Liability Insurance.
3. Completion of Ministry of Labour's Worker Health and Safety Training (click here for access to this free training).
4. Completion of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training (click here for access to this free training).
5. Police Check Clearance Certificate (to be completed by CLSC).
6. Emergency First Aid & CPR Certification (must be valid prior to the hire date).
Resume and cover letter can be submitted online, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to Human Resources at 905-688-9926.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Community Living St. Catharines will provide accommodations throughout the hiring process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 905-688-5222, Ext. 276, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by TTY, to 905-688-5222.Apply Now!