Support Coordinator 1 - Positions available!
OUR MISSION: People with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to participate in all elements of living in the community. “Our Community Where We All Belong”
Have you ever wanted a fulfilling career supporting and inspiring possibilities for a person in your community who has an intellectual disability? Our Support Coordinator 1 provides a wide range of supports to persons with an intellectual disability aged 18-years and older in the absence of natural family supports, friends, and community. This program provides 24-hour support staff within a group home setting.
Employment opportunities include permanent positions in the following capacity:
• Relief and Part Time (up to full time hours), internal Full Time Job Postings available
Actively provide direct care through assistance, guidance, and life skill coaching. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, personal and health care, person-centred goal planning, overall household duties, shopping, and meal preparation. Ensure the safety and well-being of each person at all times. Scheduled primarily for afternoons, evenings and weekends and you may also be scheduled for either awake and/or asleep overnight shifts if required. Additional shifts and on-call opportunities available, based on seniority.
- Agency Specific Training that will assist with your professional development
- Safety Care Certification
- Multi-Sector Pension Plan Contributions by the Employee and the Employer
- Employee Assistance Plan for all employees
- Competitive Wages
- Temporary $3.00 per hour wage increase provided by the Ontario Government
- Completion or working towards completion of a Certificate, Community College Diploma or University degree, with experience within the field. PSW Certificate with related experience.
- Valid “G” Driver's License or “G2” Driver’s License with “G” Test booked within 6 months of hire and with $1 Million Liability Insurance.
- Police Check Clearance Certificate (to be completed by CLSC).
- Completion of Ministry of Labour’s Worker Health and Safety Training and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training (links accessed through www.clstcatharines.ca under “Job Opportunities”)
- Emergency First Aid & CPR Certification (must be valid prior to the hire date).
Resumes can be submitted online through www.clstcatharines.ca, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Human Resources at 905-688-9926.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Community Living St. Catharines will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 905-688-5222, Ext. 276, or by email to email@example.com, or by TTY, to 905-688-5222.
Download the job description.Apply Now!