Support Coordinator - Positions available!
Community Living St. Catharines’ Support Coordinators provide a wide range of supports to persons with an intellectual disability aged 18-years and older in the absence of natural family supports, friends, and community. This program provides 24-hour support staff within a group home setting.
Community Living St. Catharines is seeking motivated, ambitious, team players who enjoy helping others to reach their goals through positive role modeling and person centred thinking. We are a unionized company and participate in a Multi-Sector Pension Plan.
- Actively provide direct care for persons with an intellectual disability through assistance, guidance, and life skill coaching.
- Provide personal care, health care and community access while being familiar with routines and activities.
- Assist with household duties, shopping, and meal preparation.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each person at all times.
- Provide coverage for afternoons, evenings and weekend shifts, overnight shifts may be required.
- Completion of a two-year related Community College Course or University degree (Educational Assistant-Special Needs Support, Psychology, Social Science, Nursing, Community and Justices Services, Social Service Worker, Social Worker, Child and Youth Worker, Therapeutic Recreation, Developmental Support Worker, Mental Health) and experience in a related field.
- Valid “G” Driver's License with minimum $1 million Liability Insurance.
- Completion of Ministry of Labour's Worker Health and Safety Training (click here for access to this free training).
- Completion of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training (click here for access to this free training).
- Police Check Clearance Certificate (to be completed by CLSC).
- Emergency First Aid & CPR Certification (must be valid prior to the hire date).
Resume and cover letter can be submitted online through this website, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to Human Resources at 905-688-9926.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Community Living St. Catharines will provide accommodations throughout the hiring process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 905-688-5222, Ext. 276, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by TTY, to 905-688-5222.
Download the job description.Apply Now!