Direct Support Professional
OUR MISSION: People with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to participate in all elements of living in the community. “Our Community Where We All Belong”
Have you ever wanted a fulfilling career supporting and inspiring possibilities for a person in your community who has an intellectual disability? Our Direct Support Professionals provide a wide range of supports to persons with an intellectual disability aged 18-years and older in the absence of natural family supports, friends, and community. This program provides 24-hour support staff within a group home setting.
Employment opportunities include permanent positions in the following capacity:
- Part Time (up to 29 hours per week)
Scheduled primarily for afternoons, evenings and weekends and you may also be scheduled for either awake and/or asleep overnight shifts if required. Additional shifts and on-call opportunities available, based on seniority.
Actively provide direct care through assistance, guidance, and life skill coaching. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, personal and health care, person-centered goal planning, overall household duties, shopping, and meal preparation. Ensure the safety and well-being of each person at all times.
- Competitive Wages, $22.37 - $25-31 per hour.
- Multi-Sector Pension Plan Contributions by the Employee and the Employer.
- Career specific training and certifications that will assist with your professional development.
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan and exclusive employee discounts.
- Growth and career advancement opportunities.
- Strong health and safety culture.
- Completion or working towards completion of a Certificate, Community College Diploma or University degree, in a related field.
- Experience providing care and supporting people with physical or intellectual disabilities.
- Availability and flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
- Valid “G” Driver's License and with $1 Million Liability Insurance.
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check Clearance.
- Emergency First Aid & CPR Certification or willing to obtain.
- Experience administrating medication and knowledge of assistive devices is an asset.
- Completion of Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training (links accessed through www.clstcatharines.ca under “Job Opportunities”).
Resumes can be submitted online through www.clstcatharines.ca, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to Human Resources at 905-688-9926.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Community Living St. Catharines will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Department. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To request an alternate format, please contact the HR Department at 905-688-5222, Ext. 276, or by email to email@example.com, or by TTY, to 905-688-5222.
Download the job description.Apply Now!