HAPPY CANADA DAY
July 01, 2021
From our family to yours...
In light of recent events concerning the discoveries of the unmarked graves of Indigenous children across Canada at the former Residential Schools, we wish to recognize this day also as a day of reflection.
We send our support to all Indigenous communities across the country.
Here are some ways you can educate yourself and support Indigenous Communities in Canada:
1. Practice compassion and self-reflection as Indigenous communities mourn and remember.
2. Educate yourself about residential schools through the stories of survivors.
3. Read (and re-read) the final report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
4. Support Indigenous artists, business owners, journalists, and community organizers.
5. Donate to Indigenous organizations working at the grassroots level to combat poverty, racism, and colonialism.
You can read more about this CLICK HERE